Friday, February 12, 2010

Puppy Love!!

The dog days are supposed to be in late summer. But, with cold weather keeping our mutts inside, I have decided there can be such a thing as the dog days of Winter!
My dog - Pugsley - and I have tried to make our daily walks as many days as possible. We don't attempt it when the streets are too icy.






The other dog in the house is Harriet. She is a Great Dane/Rottweiler mix and she is a BIG dog. She is just as sweet as she is big and lately, she has decided to spend more time with me in my side of the house. Here's the story. When my Pugsley was born, his mother was a dog that my son was "keeping" for a friend. She didn't act much like a mama dog, so Harriet took over the maternal role with the litter. So, Pugsley thinks of her as his "mama" and she likes to keep him in line!!



As you can see, my Puggers is a little shy and he tends to yield even his favorite toys to Mama Harriet! But they really love to play and Pugsley gives his fair share of wresting and boxing - wish I had a picture of that to Mama. He's even starting to get territorial about our side of the house and starts a low growl when he hears her heading our way. He'll go and lay by his food bowl with an "I dare ya!" expression.








No comments:

Post a Comment