Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

This morning I was up early to attend my monthly DAR meeting. Since it is April, we were celebrating Earth Day and Earth Month. The centerpieces were little Arbor Vitae trees that will be planted. We meet at the Philbrook Museum in Tulsa - which is centered on the former home of Waite Phillips, founder of Phillips Petroleum. It is a wonderful museum (fine art) and the house is fantastic. Lunch is available from La Villa restaurant at Philbrook, and is always tasty. You can see the menu for the day on the table.




On my way over to Philbrook, I passed by Woodward Park here in Tulsa. It is always beautiful, but never more so than when the azaleas are in bloom. I couldn't resist making a stop there on my way home and taking a few pictures.



Many people think of Oklahoma as flat, dry and dusty. The northeast part of Oklahoma is anything but that. It is hilly, green and gorgeous. We are, after all, in the foothills of the Ozarks. It is tragic that our Native American tribes were forced to leave their beloved land in North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida (to name a few places). I think the land they received in the Indian Territory is beautiful and I hope it was something they would be at home in one day. We have great tribal organizations now that mean so much to this part of America.




A few dogwoods are still blooming and the trees are in that lovely spring green.
Woodward Park is a favorite place here for families to get pictures made and for engagement and wedding portraits to be done.



What would spring be without baseball. I've been asked to come back to Oneok Field for three more days to help out with the high school baseball showcase going on from now through Friday. It should be a fun time for the schools and their supporters.



I hope you enjoy these pictures of beautiful Tulsa. I think the wet cold winter should always end with such a lovely Spring.

1 comment: