Wednesday, January 6, 2010

About that RV Thing...

Short post to update why I am no longer in the RV.
First - the park I had picked was like a mud pit - it will be nice
one day, but that day hasn't arrived yet. It sat up on a high ridge
over the Arkansas River - and there was nothing - I repeat nothing
to stope the wind from Canada. Translation - it was COLD up there.

I think this bleak view of the cold sky says it all.




Second - we are having the coldest and worst winter in a decade
or so - not the best time for RV living. Picture this - about every
10 days you have to unhook the sewer, electricity, water, cable tv
and pull up the levelers - bring in the slide - you get the picture
and DRIVE somewhere in your home to get LP gas so you can stay warm.

Third - I had a chance to move in to the new place with my son and his family
for about what I was paying in RV lot rent. Ok, I know I'll be paying more
in utilities - but I don't have to walk in mud to go take a bath. That's gotta
be worth something!

I am not too proud to say that my vision on full-timing in my RV did not
turn out like I planned. I planned to be able to be on the road when I moved
in and not perched on a cold hill top. There is still unfinished business in
Tulsa - and I am committed to stay for at least one more year in Tulsa.
Which - I am not sad about - since I just got involved in the DAR here and
am really enjoying that. I'll save more about that for another post!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting! And see? God worked it all out so that your living (rent) expense is the same! And now about that RV....I hear Disney calling me! LOL

    ReplyDelete