Sunday, January 3, 2010

Plan B is Better

OK - full-time RV living in a cold climate is not for me. Had I headed south, I probably could have done it - I didn't mine the cozy space, and the dog, two cats and I were doing ok, except for one tiny thing. Enter - the worst winter in a decade in NE Oklahoma!

Exhibit A: Record setting snowfall on Christmas Eve.


Thank goodness I had already moved into this cute house with my son and his family two days earlier. Since the picture was taken we have barely had a day above freezing, so the snow has not melted off too much. The main streets are clear, but some of the neighborhood streets are still a mess. We had a little dusting of snow last night - but not much to worry about. Over the past 10 days what melted during the day refroze at night to become rock-hard ice - such fun for walking on!!

Exhibit B: Having fun on Christmas day taking a walk in a "Winter Wonderland" with my granddaughter, Mathilda. This was by far the "whitest" Christmas we have ever had together.



Several days after Christmas were spent in getting the last of all our belongings out of the Jenks house and into the Tulsa house. All that is behind us now and we started the new year with a new house and a new attitude!! Closed on the Jenks house on 12/30, so I no longer have that to worry about. Thank you, God - you worked it all out all for my good, just like you always do.

On New Year's Eve, the kiddos and I decided to go over to Rhema Bible College in Broken Arrow and check out their Christmas lights display - they really do go all out each year with the whole campus in a beautiful display. This year, they had added an entire section synchronized to Christmas carols and other music - and it was fascinating to see the various sections lighting and turning off in time with the music - I just love that stuff. There was still a lot of snow and ice on the ground and after about 20 minutes we were all ready to get back in the car with the heat - 24 degrees feel very cold in short order when you are out in it!



Sorry, the pictures don't do justice to the beauty of the Rhema Lights - if you are ever in the Tulsa area around December you should check it out for yourself!

Mathilda had to return to Texas yesterday, and that is always tough - she is just such a joy to be with and she is growing up so fast. She and Michael were my very wonderful helpers during the move - thank you, Kiddos - I couldn't have done it without your help and love.

So - tomorrow is the first week of a new year and a new decade. Stay tuned - I want this to be a wonderful year. I want to give more of myself to others, be less selfish and less of a couch potato. I want to be kinder, gentler and more at peace. Through the Grace of God through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I will be more than a conqueror!!

One final note - How about those Gators - what a win in the Sugar Bowl - and what a great last game for our wonderful seniors, and especially Tim Tebow. God Bless Tim and Coach Meyer and the whole Gator Nation in 2010!! Go Gators!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Aunt Lynda! I'd say you're off to a great start with giving to others since I got a nice, big box about a month ago! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete