Monday, January 4, 2010

Now, about the new house

So much has been going on since mid-December. Let me catch you up on things besides snow and cold weather!!

We've moved!


Jeffrey and Amie found a really nice house just east of the University of Tulsa campus and after looking around at other things in the same price, we had to have it. It is just perfect for their family - and a "Mima" suite to boot. I actually was granted the formal living room, dining room and a large bedroom. Quite an upgrade from the RV - ha!!

At some point, the garage and breezeway were converted into a second dining room, large family room and bedroom with half-bath. Jeffrey and Amie elected to claim that as their zone. Attached to all that is a huge utility room, which Amie plans to make into her sewing room and a big covered porch with lots of workbench and shelving which Jeffrey has claimed for his woodworking projects. It is also a great place for the dogs to hang out and be protected. Not only is it covered, but it is enclosed and is almost like a greenhouse.

Here is a picture of my living room before we moved in - and then after. I just love the bookshelves on either side of the fireplace. There is also an enormous "picture window" which gives the room lots of light and was the ideal spot for putting up our Christmas tree (see the after picture).

Before:














After:











And, check out the adorable Vintage chandelier in my dining room. I am on the hunt for a cute, old dinette set to complete the area - there are nice corner built-in china cabinets which have been a God-send for extra storage. Between us - we have quite a bit of crystal and my "blue and white" china pieces to store and display. I have loved Delft and Blue Onion pieces for years and so many friends and family have helped add to my collection. Actually, any old blue and white porcelain is great. I found the most wonderful "chocolate cup" at a flea market in York a few years back. I don't know how old it is, but it is older than I am, for sure!!















Now, what's next. Oh yes - Jeffrey and I both are looking for work. Pray that we find something that's right for each of us very soon. And, pray for us to survive the upcoming seriously cold weather - and that no pipes in our dear, old house are affected. We are keeping the faucets dripping - it was a balmy 23 degrees today and highs in the low teens later this week. Send warm thoughts our way!!

2 comments: